1874: Delmonico’s Restaurant, northeast corner of 5th Avenue and 14th street. MAP
1875: Maison Doree (Morton House), south side of 14th Street, across from Union Square. MAP
1876-1877: 848 Broadway, “The Matchbox,” next to Wallack’s Theater, between 13th and 14th Street. MAP
1877-1878: The Union Square Hotel (then at the Monument House) 6 Union Square, where the club leased the entire 2nd floor. MAP
1878: Brownstone at 19 East 16th Street. MAP
1880-1891: Brownstone at 34 West 26th Street. MAP
1891: Temporarily located at the Gilsey House, northeast corner of 1200 Broadway and 29th Street. MAP
1892: 8 West 29th Street. MAP
1893-1896: 26 West 31st Street. MAP
1897-1905: 70 West 36th Street. Formerly and thereafter Keen’s Chophouse, remodeled by Stanford White to be a clubhouse. MAP
1905-1975: 128-130 West 44th Street. A palatial club house designed by Stanford White; doubled in 1915. Remodeled in 2007 and is now the site of the Chatwal Hotel. MAP
1975: The Lotos Club, 5 East 66th Street (and sometimes Sardi’s. MAP
1976 to present: 3 West 51st Street. MAP
Below: Groundbreaking/cornerstone laying at our 44th Street Clubhouse.
Architect Stanford White is scene lower-left wearing a bowler.
See photos of past clubhouses in our Pinterest Page