The Lambs ®, known as The Lambs Club for more than 142 years, is a prestigious and historical private social club for professionals of the arts and entertainment industry. Members experience close family-like ties with other members, sharing a spirit that has endured since our founding in 1874 while creating an enormous impact in the entertainment industry.
Members enjoy numerous activities, many at little-to-no cost. Among them include a weekly happy hour and show (called Low Jinks), play readings, luncheons with special guests, movie screenings, recitals, book signings, cocktail parties, educational panels and more.
Club facilities include a pub/restaurant manned by a friendly staff, open Monday-Friday from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM. All purchases are charged to a member house-account and billed monthly. The pub is an ideal setting for intimate repasts or business meetings within a building that offers old-world charm.
- Members have access to 28 hotel rooms available at affordable member-only rates, billed to member’s monthly house account.
- Discounts are available at a near-by parking facilities, and from area merchants.
- Lambs’ members qualify to open accounts at The Actors Federal Credit Union.
- Members enjoy reciprocal privileges at many other private clubs located throughout the world.
The Lambs 5th Floor Space (exclusively for members and their guests) include: (Take a Virtual Tour!)
- A pool table
- Two rehearsal rooms with Steinway pianos (use limitations apply), one with a meeting table which seats ten.
- A black-box type performance space with a Steinway baby grand piano and theatrical lighting (use limitations apply), seating up to 65 attendees.
- Comfortable relaxed seating areas to socialize, watch TV, read or just relax between appointments, with WiFi.
- A small office area where members may use a resident computer, or read copies of trades such as BackStage.
- Areas to play cards, darts, or to listen to music.
- A library of scripts, plays, sheet music, books and other theater-related materials (searchable from the Member’s Only are of our web site).
- An assortment of artwork and Lambs’ archival material reflecting the history of The Lambs.
- A library of plays/scripts, books and sheet music with an online searchable database.
Our newsletter, The Script, is mailed to members several times per year.