Please note: 3 West is now a smoke free building. Smoking is prohibited anywhere on the premises, including the Solarium balcony.
The Lambs welcomed Ed Hamilton, author of The Chintz Age, to Monday Night at The Lambs on Feb. 22, 2016. Ed has lived in the Chelsea Hotel for more than 20 years, and spoke to the Club about gentrification and nostalgia for the New York of the past. For more events at the Club, members should check the calendar. The evening helped raise funds for The Lambs Foundation.
Members are reminded to please sign chits for your food and drink purchases before leaving the 2m Pub.
The receipt will have your name, house account number, the date of charges, an itemization of charges followed by the sub total, the administration fee, tax, and then the total amount that will be charged to your house account. Retain those receipts for when you reconcile your monthly house charge bill. Your monthly bill will include the total (not an itemized list of items purchased).
All monthly bills for house charges are payable to WNRC, and not to The Lambs.
As part of the Monday Night at the Lambs series, The Lambs ® hosted the announcement night for the New York State Writers Hall of Fame on February 1.
Noted writers Roger Angell, Roz Chast, Samuel R. Delany, and Stephen Sondheim are among the eight members of the 2016 Class of Inductees into the NYS Writers Hall of Fame. The four will be in attendance at the induction ceremony and dinner on Tuesday evening, June 7, 2016, at the Princeton Club of New York.
Rocco Staino, who serves as the Director of the Empire State Center for the Book, made the announcement at The Lambs, America’s first professional theatrical club. The Center for the Book is the organization that oversees the Hall of Fame. In addition, four deceased writers Maya Angelou, Jean Craighead George, Don Marquis, and Grace Paley will also be inducted.
“This year, our committee decided that it was time for a lyricist to be inducted into the Hall of Fame ranks,” said Mr. Staino. “Who better to lead the way than Stephen Sondheim!” This year will also mark the first time that an inductee will be joining a member of his or her family in the Hall of Fame as E.B. White the stepfather of sports writer and essayist Roger Angell was a member of the Hall of Fame’s 2010 inaugural class. The full list of the 2016 inductees is as follows:
- Roger Angell (b. 1920) – Essayist, sports writer, and contributor to the New Yorker.
- Maya Angelou (1928–2014) – Poet, author, and memoirist whose 1969 I Know Why a Caged Bird Sings brought her international recognition.
- Roz Chast (b. 1954) – Graphic novelist, cartoonist, and National Book Award finalist.
- Samuel R. Delany (b. 1942) – Science fiction writer, essayist, and literary critic and a member of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Hall of Fame.
- Jean Craighead George (1919–2012) – Naturalist and author of more than 100 books for children and young adults.
- Don Marquis (1878–1937) – Humorist, journalist and creator of the characters of Archy and Mehitabel.
- Grace Paley (1922-2007) – Short story writer and poet.
- Stephen Sondheim (b. 1930) – Composer and lyricist whose recognitions include the 2015 Presidential Medal of Freedom.