The Lambs was founded Christmas week in 1874, then later incorporated in the State of New York on May 9th, 1877, To give you an idea of that time frame, look at how New York was then:
- Ulysses S. Grant was President
- General Custer was still standing.
The Battle of Big Horn where Custer died was 1876.
- There was no telephone.
That famous first call by Alexander Graham Bell occurred on March 10, 1876.
- There was no Statue of Liberty.
Construction began in September of 1875 and it opened in 1886.
- There was no electric light.
Thomas Edison invented the light bulb in 1879.
- There was no Brooklyn Bridge yet.
Although it began construction in 1869, it din’t open until 1883.
- There was no NYC subway system.
It opened in 1904.